Sunday 5 April 2009

April Update......

Well! ..... its been quite a while since my last post.... and quite a while since the transplant ..... and I thought it was about time I brought you up to date with with whats been happening....
I've generally been feeling better and stronger as time goes on since the transplant.... sometimes it feels like progress is slow, but also I sometimes feel better than I have for a long time! ..... the hospital said it would take three to six months to feel right, but already; after just over two I feel so much better.....

So much so that I felt it was time to head back home.... for two reasons.... check on my house that I haven't seen for what seems like ages.... and to pick up Enzo... who it's true to say I've missed...... It was also an opportunity to drive through France.....

Here's yours truly being captain of the ship!......

And here's a pretty fantastic bridge on the way to see my sister in Normandy.....


I stayed in possibly the most miserable hotel in Lisieux! .... with a view from the room to match......

And from there.... onwards south.... to Semur..... where the hotel was lovely and with a view of the town.... (This isn't the view of course!).... but I went into town to explore .... and see how things have changed.....

The time at home seemed to be filled with gardening and decorating and catching up with neighbours..... and I did get out and about on a couple of occasions.....

Here is Gordes.......



And a view of Mont Ventoux from the hilltop town of Venasque ....


And here are the fishing nets in Sete ..... hanging out to dry.....

I picked up Enzo on the way down... and completed the vet stuff to get him back into England .... and he's here with me now..... (more of him later!).....
So .... I was lucky enough to catch up with some of my friends on the journey back and forth.... I wish I could have been able to make it everyone..... but to those that I missed then I hope to be able to stop on my next trip...... which I hope won't be too long.....
The medical stuff at the Marsedn resumes this week .... I have an appointment on Thursday to see how I'm doing ..... Its true to say I'm not looking forward to it .... but if the results reflect the way that I'm generally feeling then..... so heres hoping!
I'll be back to update you about that later ......
J
xoxoxo






No comments: