Monday 28 September 2009

Its been a long time! .....

Since I wrote on this blog! .... and even longer since I worked on one of these!





Sorry I haven't been on here recently, but I've been kept pretty busy with one thing or another! So here's the news:.......


On the medical front I feel loads better, and so far (touch wood!) the regular blood & urine tests I have at the Marsden continue to show that I'm in remission... and in fact the paraprotein level reduced between the last two tests! .... So thats all good news... I did pick up some kind of infection in June that just knocked me for six.... and seemed to take for ever to get over (apparently it took so long because my natural immune system is still rebuilding).... but now I feel I'm nearly back to my full "punching weight"!


Some of you will know that I have been backward and forward between France and England a lot this summer and it was really good to be able to catch up with as many of you as I could ... even if on occasions it was just brief .... I hope to be able to stay longer next time....



So... next week Im off to Greece ... sailing again..... this picture is from May... me squeezing the boat in an impossibly small gap in a harbour..... Gangway!! (Notice the anxious owners of the neighbouring boats helping me in for the last couple of metres!)






Anyway, really looking forward to it! ....... After all, the professor did say "Go live your life" when I left hospital!
Hope everyone reading this is in fine fettle and excellent spirits and has had a great summer.
Take care and see you later x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jules,

How are you? I cannot believe I am able to get a message to you.
I am so glad you are in remission.
I was so upset when I got your Chrissy card last year. Only you are so wonderful that you could still send cards. Good on you!
What a tough couple of years. Loosing your dad too. I just lost my dad unexpectadley 8 weeks ago with his heart at 69 and he was still larger than life. Life has been a blur since then. Such a shock to us all. I could not read your address on your chrissy card last year so am so glad if this gets to you.

Kane is 14 and a half now. He is great. I am on face book.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care and yes live life to the full.! Lots of Love Niki and family.xxx